QLD Statutory Requirements – SSE Notice
All SSEs (including those temporarily appointed) at mineral mine or quarry employing more than 10 workers, must hold a Site Senior Executive Notice by 8 November 2019. The Board of Examiners (BOE) issues the notices, after a successful application is received. To ensure that your application is successful, you need to provide the following:
- A completed application form, witnessed by a Justice of the Peace (or similar)
- Certified copy of identification
- Certified copies of educational qualifications
- Certified copy of shotfirer licence (or blasting qualifications) (if applicable)
- Completed work history* signed off by the SSE or similar position (not just job titles)
* Applicants who hold a IQA Certified Practising Quarry Manager (CPQM) certificate, may be exempt from providing a work history.
Applications can be emailed to BOESecretary@rshq.qld.gov.au or posted to Board of Examiners Secretary, Resources Safety and Health, GPO Box 1321, BRISBANE QLD 4001.
Please allow at least three to four weeks for the notice to be issued. If you have any queries, you can email the address above or ring Helena from RSHQ on 07 3199 8047.
Mandatory Competencies - Queensland
The following is a breakdown of the requirements of all SSEs (including those temporarily appointed) at quarries / mines employing more than 10 employees: