Our 2019 Conference will feature nationally acclaimed industry speakers and experts that cover a diverse range of subjects pertinent to our extractive industry and for many the highlight of our conference.
Sean Taylor, Komatsu’s CEO & Managing Director
With over 30 years in the earthmoving industry and commenced with Komatsu Australia in 2004 as General Manager of the Construction business. Sean will be discussing ‘Inclusion & Diversity’, he has a clear focus where individual differences are recognised, respected and embraced as an opportunity to learn and enhance capability; Komatsu Australia is a place that fosters collaboration and inclusion. Sean is a Male Champion of Change.
Robert Mellor, Executive Chairman of BIS Oxford Economics
Will be speaking to ‘The Outlook for Construction to 2024’ with 40 years experience in forecasting building activity and is a regular commentator on prospects for the residential property market.
Robert is regarded as Australia's leading forecaster on the building and residential markets. His views and comments are regularly sought by the national media. Many of Australia's leading builders and building material manufacturers consult with Robert in preparing their annual budget plans.
Roberts presentation will focus on:
• Economic overview of the Australian economy out to 2024
• Demographic drivers of construction activity with projections for Net Overseas Migration & Net Interstate Migration and the underlying demand for dwellings
• Forecasts for residential; building to 2024 by State and activity split between detached Houses, Medium and High Density Dwellings
• Forecasts for Non- Residential Building to 2024 by Sectors- Offices, Retail, Hotels, Education, health, etc. and by State
• Forecasts for Engineering Construction to 2024 with a focus on Roads and an outlook by State.
Anna Cronin , Commissioner for Better Regulation, Red Tape Commissioner – State Government of Victoria
Anna Cronin is Victoria’s first Commissioner for Better Regulation, appointed by the Victorian Government in 2015. In June 2018, the Victorian Government appointed her as Red Tape Commissioner as well.
Anna has considerable experience in regulatory issues across many policy areas, including in agricultural and mining regulatory and approvals frameworks. She will be discussing improving the regulator environment for the extractive industries in Victoria.