Safe Work Australia published a new Workplace Exposure Standards for crystalline silica to 0.05 mg/m3. Following on from this, the IQA has developed a suite of resources to inform and educate on best practice guidelines, exposure, and employee health and safety regarding Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS). This includes Fact Sheets, On-demand Webinars and now a full day, online Workshop.
This workshop is delivered by a qualified hygienist and is aimed at Quarry Managers, Quarry Supervisors, Senior managers/staff, H&S Officers.
The workshop will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of silica and current compliance requirements specifically covering:
- Workplace Exposure Standards
- Risk Management
- Exposure Monitoring, Monitoring Program & Results
- Health Monitoring
- Dust Controls
- Respiratory Protection
- Principal Hazard Management Plans
Understanding the changes to the Workplace Exposure Standard is critical for staff in positions or responsibility in quarries.
- Dispel the myths about silica
- Understand your reporting requirements
- Understand health monitoring requirements
- Review risk management and hierarchy of controls
- Understand how to communicate with your teams on risk, PPE, reporting and monitoring
- Understand what is needed in your Principal Hazard Management Plans
We look forward to your participation!
Date: Wednesday 17th February 2021
Start time: 9.00am sharp
Finish time: 2.00pm
Facilitator: Paul Gerber | Principal Hygienist OHMS Hygiene
Location: Online virtual training - Go To Meetings
Requirements: All participants must have access to the internet and a laptop / tablet that can run Go To Meetings. All participants will be required to undertake some pre-reading and to participate in a 10 min phone call where the technology will be tested
CPD Hours: 5 hours - General Workplace Health and Safety
IQA Member: $195
Non Member: $275
Registrations Close: 15th February 2021