Date: Thursday 15 February 2024
Times for all States/Territories:
| 1.00pm - 2.00pm
| 12.00pm - 1.00pm
| 12.30pm - 1.30pm
| 10.00am - 11.00am
| 11.30am - 12.30pm
This webinar examines the importance of and requirements for guarding of plant and equipment.
It is recommended that participants complete Plant & Equipment Safety prior to undertaking this module. Note: this webinar will not cover guarding of conveyors, this is included in the Plant & Equipment Safety: Conveyors webinar.
- To understand the importance of, and legislative requirements for, guarding of plant and equipment in quarries
- To identify types of guards and their application to quarry plant and equipment
- To understand the 'human factors' which apply to the design and installation of guarding
- To understand procedures for isolation and lockout
Who should attend?
This webinar is recommended for:
- Quarry Owners
- Quarry Supervisors
- Quarry Operators
- Leading Hands
- Health & Safety personnel
Your Facilitator | Peter Ambrose
Peter has worked in senior management roles in the construction materials sector for over 30 years. He has seen first hand that for an organisation to be successful, it needs to create a culture that clearly reflects its beliefs, behaviours, goals and how people engage both internally and externally. Peter has a passion for leading safety and employee wellbeing, including being a strong advocate for mental health.
Continuing Professional Development Hours (CPD Hours): 1
- QMCS: Risk Management
- QLD PCS: Category Pending
- NSW MOC: 1 Mining and WHS Systems (Subject B: Principle hazards)
A completion certificate will be issued once finished.
IQA & IoQ NZ Member: $110
Not an IQA Member? Want Member Pricing? Join the IQA quickly and easily online. Join today and save on your registration for this event.
Registrations Close: Monday 12 February 2024
This webinar will be run on the Zoom Platform. Registrants will be sent separate login details a few days prior to the webinar. To run Zoom you will need to download the software. If you have questions regarding the system requirements please visit the Zoom website.
All participants must have access to the following:
- Internet connection Laptop, PC or Phone with sound and video capability
- Quiet environment
If you have questions regarding the system requirements please visit the Zoom website.
All information is correct at the time of publication. The IQA reserves the right to alter or delete items as required, and takes no responsibility for any errors, omissions and changes.